Thursday, June 19, 2008

Natasha Belingfield
by: Ed Howes

Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction (or when I met Natasha, the Gypsy)I had an extraordinary experience a few years back involving a gypsy in Palma de Mallorca. I'm sure this encounter willshock and amaze you, as it did me.Just before my vacation to Palma de Mallorca, a palmistfriend dropped by to see me. She read my palms and excitingly told him that I must find Natasha, a Spanish gypsy who lived in Palma. She said Natasha had the magic touch. - Go to her and ask her to read your palms.To make a long story short, I met Natasha, and she read my palms. She said I would visit a famous casino in Palma, she even told me the Casino's name.She said when I arrived, I'd meet a beautiful lady who would ask me to buy her a drink.After the drink, I was to go to the roulette table, and play a special number. The number was the day and month the lady was born.The next evening, I visited the casino and sure enough, I met a very beautiful lady and bought her a drink.I did as the gypsy had instructed and asked the lady for her birth date (day and month only, of course). I played the numbers and won a lot of money.When I turned around, the lady was gone!The next day, I went back to Natasha and told her what had happened. She said that I'd met my lucky angel.I started studying palmistry from Natasha and today, I'm one of Norway's leading palmists.For anyone who doesn't know me, this chain of events probably sounds like a fairy tale.But truth is stranger than fiction!I learned Natasha was 28 years old and most Russian men were alcoholic, unemployed, abusive or any combination. Natasha had decided she would have to travel to find a mate and it would be good if that person would be there to pick her up at the airport. A day or two after Natasha Emailed me I heard from Svetlana who was 29 and equally intriguing, with a more sparkling personality. Assuming they were friends, testing me to see whether I would tell one a thing and the other something different, I told them each if they were comparing my letters I would write differently to each. I would not be repeating myself and they would both get to know me better.Svetlana quit writing before I got a picture and Natasha would not admit knowing her. Natasha sent her picture and the woman in the picture was beautiful. If she needed someone to meet her at the airport to start a new life, I was willing to go to the trouble. Though I am more than twice her age and likely older than her parents, I imagined how she’d be hearing the ticking of her biological clock and may have had plenty of justification to live somewhere outside of Russia.She had some college education and spoke English but had to use an internet cafĂ© for mate seeking and used the electronic translator for speed and convenience. I did not mind. The translator added a lot of charm and I got the meanings she intended quite clearly. My neighbor is Polish and I am used to the inversions in sentence structure.Natasha was crazy for the guy who wrote that profile and she let me know from the beginning. The more I warned her she was falling in love with a man in her head, the more she loved him. Her mother and her female friends were delighted she had found Mr. Right. Sex might be good but love was better and nothing could beat sex with one we love. She loved me so much she was going to skip the phone calls and get here as soon as the paper work would allow.Early in our correspondence she began explaining how much I loved her and how perfect things would be. I found this approach absolutely charming. I told her loving her was the least I could do in response. The dialog was heating up and I began writing her an erotic story after she began revealing her dreams of us together. That must have pushed her over the edge. Late in June she went to get her paperwork. I was surprised there would be no waiting once she came up with $400 for the paper work. She said her relatives had pledged her air fare but she had nowhere to turn for the $400 - about four month’s wages.I wrote her back explaining the most important thing in our relationship would be her coming to me through her own efforts and I could not afford the $400 in any event. She might have chosen the wrong lover. On the fourth of July, I got a begging letter from Natasha. I did not respond. Nearly six weeks have passed and I have not heard from her. It’s a sad thing to learn love costs more than one can afford to pay. I miss those love letters. Someday another might write them and I will again pretend they mean every word. That much I can afford.(PUBLISHERS! Free Promotion Here - Now! If you will leave a comment and your URL or hyperlink on this or any article of mine: 1.) Some of my on - site readers will visit your website. 2.) I will visit your website. If I like what I find, I will write a positive review and publish it here at EzineArticles. You may delete this generous offer when re - publishing this article.)It's what celebrity gossip is all about, it's the sort of thing we are all waiting, some even craving for, at last a major gossip scoop.... The whole world seems to be talking about Sian Williams, the BBC's Breakfast programme presenter. Sian's marriage is on the rocks after more than just a fling with one of the corporation's senior executives. Strange, as Williams is not the first to be had by her boss for breakfast, her predecessor, Natasha Kaplinsky, left her partner after an affair with a TV producer. At the time Kaplinsky was covering for Sophie Raworth who was on maternity leave!Questions need to be asked, are the BBC involved in a secret (or not so secret now!) cloning project for future presenters? And hey, what about the nine o'clock watershed?Meanwhile....Pete's kicking the habit It's official Doherty (Kate Moss's bloke) has just been signed by Sky One to take part in the new Celebrity Soccer Six tournament.Pete will be joining 160 other celebs to compete in a mini world cup, celebrity teams will include Ireland, England, Wales, USA and Italy. Our Pete will be representing Ireland along with Roy Walker.And finally.... Whilst Pete is busy practising his 'keep-it-uppy', Kate has joined Elle Macpherson and Gwyneth Paltrow to lend a hand in the designs for a new range of maternity underwear for Agent Provocateur.

No comments: